Daily updates on climate change and the global economy.

Discussion Board

"‘This is no way to...

Notifications
Clear all

"‘This is no way to live’: Mississippians struggle with another water crisis."

4 Posts
3 Users
2 Likes
Cassandra
Admin
Topic starter
(@cassandra)

From Jan. 9 post:

“The faucets ran dry again. The showers produced nothing. The city of Jackson, Mississippi, plunged into its third major water outage in less than two years, crippled, leaking infrastructure withering before another bout of extreme weather.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/jan/07/jackson-mississippi-water-outage-neighbors-helping

The US's "D" rated infrastructure is really shaking now! Not just poorer continents now.

This is kind of a combined climate and economy item! They begin to merge.

3 Replies
Panopticon
Admin
(@panopticon)

"The US's "D" rated infrastructure is really shaking now! Not just poorer continents now."

Funnily enough, I was just the other day watching a Netflix documentary about the water crisis in Flint, Michigan and thinking exactly that, Cassandra!

Cassandra
Admin
Topic starter
(@cassandra)

@panopticon As you say, there are stories daily of infrastructure failures around the USA.

EMJ
 EMJ
(@emj)

The US is officially a 3rd world country, between the toxic water systems full of PFAS, lead, no water systems, rampant drug use, homelessness, its unacceptable for the water system to be in such a degraded state. I was really upset when I read that story. Its totally not given enough air time. 

Share: