Daily updates on climate change and the global economy.

Discussion Board

WWIII Evolution for...

Notifications
Clear all

WWIII Evolution for March 2023

17 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@Anonymous 17)
Trusted Member

OMG.  I ran across this just now and have to post it:

https://usrussiaaccord.org/acura-viewpoint-krishen-mehta-the-ukraine-war-viewed-from-the-global-south/

• Of the 6.3 billion people who live outside of the West, 66% feel positively towards Russia, and 70% feel positively towards China.
  • 75% of respondents in South Asia, 68% of respondents  in Francophone Africa, and 62% of respondents in Southeast Asia report feeling positively toward Russia.
  • Public opinion of Russia remains positive in Saudi Arabia, Malaysia, India, Pakistan, and Vietnam

“The US share of global output declined from 21 percent in 1991 to 15 percent in 2021, while China’s share rose from 4% to 19% during the same period. China is the largest trading partner for most of the world, and its GDP in purchasing power parity already exceeds that of the US. The BRICS (Brazil, Russia, China, India, and South Africa) had a combined GDP in 2021 of $42 trillion, compared with $41 trillion in the US-led G7. Their population of 3.2 billion is more than 4.5 times the combined population of the G7 countries, which stands at 700 million.”

A smaller economy cannot successfully sanction a larger one.

Topic starter
(@Anonymous 17)
Trusted Member

“Dima” means the Military Summery channel 

Since I cant tell what is true, and what is propaganda (or worse) I have been reticent to report things that probably are worth writing about (writing helps me deal with it).  So below, I have tried to indicate how credible the report is.

facts:

Matt Gaetz introduced a bill to defund the evil that the US in propagating in Syria.  Proof positive that even a notorious scumbag can occasionally do the right thing.

The RF did not have a glide bomb until recently.  The 1500kg bomb is released at 30000 - 40000 feet and glides many kilometers to the target using GPS guidance.  They have been testing their new bomb in Ugledar.

The western press has been confusing themselves lately about the strategic value of Bakhmut.  Bakhmut (and I guess I need to learn to spell the Russian name for it - Artyomovsk) is part of Russia.  The citizens of Donetsk (the Oblast where the town is located) voted to join the RF, then the RF legislature voted to allow them to join, and then, the President of the RF signed the decree.  So, the RF army as a legal requirement must reclaim the town - strategic (which it obviously is) or not.

good documentation:

An AFU fighter jumped into a trench and took a break, smoking a cigarette.  An attack happened and he grabbed a machine gun and helped fight it off killing 7 of the attackers.  Then he realized that he was lost and was in a Russian trench.  He was arrested, thanked for his service, and sent to prison.  Apparently, it happens occasionally, not a unique event.  Many dead AFU soldiers have drugs on them, especially amphetamines.

Dima is pretty sure:

AFU losses in Artyomovsk today were only 75 men.  Apparently the Wagners are happy with the tactical encirclement and are just going to wait until the much skinnier army surrenders.  If this is true Artyomovsk will not be fully occupied for weeks.

Possible:

12000 to 20000 AFU fighters are said to be stuck in the encircled city.

Horrible if true:

500 men in AFU uniforms (or with other identifying items) where found buried in a Polish coal mine.  The bodies had non-fatal wounds and missing organs.

Topic starter
(@Anonymous 17)
Trusted Member

Regarding the Times claim that an undisclosed “Group” rented a boat and blew up the pipeline.  Every blogger with a brain is ridiculing it.  Consortium News gives it a positive slant:

In directing attention towards the Ukrainian government’s possible culpability, U.S. intelligence gets a twofer: it deflects blame from the U.S. and prepares the public for the United States to justify abandoning Ukraine after all the U.S. has invested in its adventure to weaken Russia and topple its government through an economic, information, and proxy war, all of which have failed.”

Maybe peace will be allowed.  maybe.

Larry Johnson thought of Gillian’s Island - pretty funny.

Kaitlin Johnstone perhaps had the best short explanation.

https://caitlinjohnstone.com/2023/03/08/attack-of-the-pro-ukrainian-group-notes-from-the-edge-of-the-narrative-matrix/

Topic starter
(@Anonymous 17)
Trusted Member

Very good authority:

I saw - i think in the Gardian - that up to 400 RF tanks have been destroyed so far in the war.  What wasn’t mentioned was the fact that during 2022 the RF was able to build or refurbish 500 tanks and that the Kremlin ordered that production stepped up to 1000 tanks per year for 2023 and the future.  Compare that to 30 US Abrams tanks this year - maybe.

Dima:

I love Dima.  Who could not like a guy that begins his vlog in his lovely accent with “Hello, my dear friends …”, and his fact checking, balance and his reporting of past events on the ground is very good.  (The only mistake that I have caught him making was about that Leopard tank, and honestly he did qualify the report.)  But, his analysis and guesses about future events is … well, lets just say everyone is glad that he is not in charge.  So, I will just say “Dima said” without the “Very Good Authority” label and refrain on saying anything about his guesses.

Its lights out again.  Also hit were maintenance yards, and other industry.

Dima reported that only 135 people were killed today in Artyomovsk (formerly Bakhmut) but he has mentioned in the past that the Wagners do not report anything for the RF MOD daily post.  For example, the battalion that murdered the Russian prisoners last month and posted the murder on line, were found west of Artyomovsk today and everyone in the battalion was killed by artillery, mortar fire, etc. - 450-500.

Most reporting is now about Artyomovsk, but things are moving (slowly) all along the front.  In a little town south of Artyomovsk called Avdeska (spelling - I don’t even know whether that is the Russian, or Ukrainian name for the town) the RF made good use of its new 1500kg glide bomb and took out a bunker.  They are moving “quickly” in that area.  There was a bunker west of Donetsk city that took months to capture last fall.  The RF just didn’t have anything big enough to blow it up while keeping their aircraft safe.  The new bomb solves that problem.

Topic starter
(@Anonymous 17)
Trusted Member

Dima said:

Bakhmut is still under contention.  Apparently the AFU may try to push back there!  (I can’t imagine the carnage.)

In Avdiivka (which is the Ukrainian spelling from GoogleMaps), and Limon the RF is making good progress.

The mysteriously accurate shelling of Kherson continues to be very accurate mysteriously enough.

Good Documentation:

In Tbilisi, Georgia there are people trying to overthrow the government because a law was proposed that is not as stringent as the 1938 US Foreign Agents Registrations Act.  (The one that make Lee Camp - “An American comedian reporting on American news in America a Foreign Agent.  LOL).  Many are saying (and it makes a lot of sense to me) that the “protesters” are in fact being paid by the CIA just like the Maidan protesters in 2014 Ukraine.  So, that makes them Foreign Agents.

Page 3 / 3
Share: